Maternity services include:
• Home birth care
• Comprehensive prenatal care
• Three evening group visits to encourage community and increase the depth of our conversations as we assist clients to prepare for a home birth experience
• Routine lab specimens obtained in the office, referrals for ultrasound as needed
• Water birth option
• Sibling preparation
• Lactation support
• Assistance with filing birth certificate forms, office lending library and resource book
• Newborn care includes: Newborn care at home for the first two weeks of life including: initial exams, metabolic testing (“PKU testing”) and hearing exam
Newborn care including:
• Newborn care at home for the first two weeks of life.
• Initial exams, cystic fibrosis screening, metabolic testing (“PKU testing”) and hearing exam.
• Comprehensive lactation support for breastfeeding concerns such as painful nursing, and slow weight gain.
• Records transferred to pediatric caregiver at two weeks.
Gynecological care options:
• Pap tests and breast exams
• Annual wellness exams
• Pregnancy and preconception counseling
• Assistance with menstrual irregularities
• Fertility assistance and intrauterine insemination
• Birth control methods, including counseling in natural family planning, oral contraceptives, and diaphragms
• IUDs – Paragard, Mirena and Skyla
• Menopausal counseling
• Pessary fittings for urinary incontinence and prolapse
• Holistic treatment of common conditions such as yeast and urinary infections, thyroid and hormone imbalances
• Prescriptions for contraceptives and antibiotics
• Referrals for mammograms, ultrasounds, and bone density scanning
• Care for transgender individuals
• Alternative and medical philosophies embraced